The Great Wall of California history, in Los Angeles. -A mural of Dr.
- In 1966, the Charles R. Drew Postgraduate Medical School
was incorporated in California and was named in his honor.
This later became the
Charles R. Drew University of Medicine and Science.
- In 1981, the United States Postal Service issued a
postage stamp in his honor which was included in the
Great Americans series.
- The Charles
Drew Health Center, Inc. was proudly named in honor of
Dr. Charles R. Drew, M.D., D.Sc.
- Charles Drew Science Enrichment Laboratory of Michigan
State University was proudly named in memory of Dr. Charles
- Charles Richard Drew Elementary School was opened on
September 8, 1952. The cornerstone ceremonies took place in
April 1953. Mrs. Drew and their four children were present.
The school had 30 classrooms and was designed to accommodate
- Charles R. Drew Hall, an all-male freshman dorm at
Howard University in Washington D.C, also gave
commemoration by naming their Hall after Dr. Charles Drew.